How to set up our Prague Foodie Map in maps.me
So you have received a custom google map that contains all our pins. Can you use it even if you don't have a data plan in Europe and cannot connect to the Internet on the go? Yes, you actually can. We got this work-around from one of our guests. Here's how you do it on an iPhone. (We are sorry but we have no idea how to do it on other smartphones. We assume it's similar.)
- You need to download the maps.me app first and download the Prague map.
- Then you take this file (the kmz file of the google map), and send it to yourself in an email.
- Open the email, tap the attached file (fig. 1), and tap the arrow icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- When the box appears on the screen, scroll right to "Copy to maps.me" icon (fig. 2). Tap on the icon.
- Done! Open your maps.me app, and you should see all the pins (fig. 3). (Sadly, the layers are disregarded and all your pins will look the same.)
- Enjoy Prague!