Prague pocket wifi - internet connection in Prague
Access to mobile data abroad has changed the way we travel. But the roaming charges can be extortionate. International sim cards are expensive, too. Buying a local sim card is tricky: activating via phone? (Do you speak the language?) And your traveling partner is out of luck, anyway. The Prague Pocket Wifi is here to help.
We think it all can be easier. Inspired by our own travels, we have come up with the perfect solution: the Prague pocket wifi. A small device that includes a local data sim card and creates a pretty powerful hotspot. Always on, always available. Just chuck it in your bag and carry it with you. The battery lasts all day.
- A working solution out of the box. Just turn it on, connect, type in the password, and you're ready to go.
- Easy to carry around. Just drop the Prague pocked wifi in your bag. Search online maps, check emails or Skype home.
- Cheap! EUR 6 per day for a group of two users, EUR 7 for three users, EUR 8 for a group of four users.
- Multiple connections: the whole family can connect to the Prague pocket wifi at the same time.
- Simple pricing: you just pay one fee at the beginning with no additional costs later on.
- Charges your phone: Our device creates a fairly powerful hotspot but has a battery big enough to charge your phone if you need it.
How much is the Prague pocket wifi?
The price of the service is USD 6 per day. (Or USD 7 per day for groups of three, or USD 8 per day for groups of four. We kindly request groups of five and more to book two devices.) That includes everything: the delivery, the service and the device rental. We do not charge any deposit for the device. The minimum rental period is three days.
How does the Prague pocket wifi work?
- You reserve the Prague pocket wifi for your stay and pay the fee via PayPal.
- We bring it to your hotel before you arrive, and you collect it when you check in, in a small package that includes the device, the charger and a small manual. We will even throw in the written tips that we provide to the guests of our Prague food tours, so that you know where to go, eat and shop in Prague!
- You use it throughout your stay.
- When you check out, you leave the package at the reception again. We will take care of the rest. Easy.
What about the device?
The device fits perfectly into a purse or a bag and can be carried around all day without being noticed. It has a large battery that allows for an entire days' use (about 16 hours of internet use), which is very important - you don't want to run around looking for a power socket in the middle of the day to recharge. Alternatively, it can be used to charge your phone if you are running low on juice. Just bring your phone's USB cable with you.
It can create a pretty powerful hotspot. We actually use it ourselves and connect to it with our phones and mobile devices without major problems. The device is used for lighter use and the data use is capped at 1GB per day. The speed is 3G, perfectly fine for mobile use. You might want to wait with the HD video streams for a strong wifi network, though.
How do I order?
Just fill in the form below. We will contact you shortly and send you a PayPal invoice for the price of the service (calculated as USD 6/7/8 x the number of days of your stay in Prague). If you also want to book a tour or the apartment, please go to the Book Now page.
How do I pay?
We will send you a PayPal invoice for the full price of the service (number of days x CZK 150, which equals USD 6). You can pay it easily with your card. You will pay no additional charges. That’s it.
What are the terms of the service?
We keep it simple. You pay the price. We’ll rent you the device with internet connection in Prague and the Czech Republic. The volume of the data will be capped, but unless you want to download an entire series of the Game of Thrones in high definition, you are very unlikely to even come close to the limit. (We are talking 1GB per day here.)
If you lose, seriously damage or destroy the device, you will pay the price of the device. (The current unit we use costs about USD 100.)
If the device does not work or cannot establish internet connection for whatever reason, we will replace the device as soon as possible and give you a proportional refund.