Traditional Czech Food Tour
A fun yet informative and delicious tour of the tastiest traditional Czech food and drinks. Basically an extended visit to the Czech grandma you’ll wish you’d had by the end of the tour. (And no. You can't borrow ours.)
What? Is that it? Of course not. Delicious Czech food is just the start. Our idea? Spend four hours with a passionate local foodie. Understand what the food means to us, where the produce comes from, and how you can make it at home. (You will want to.) Walk along local streets and do fun stuff behind closed doors. And get an idea of how we live here, and how our recent history has shaped our colourful present.
- Price: CZK 2,400 per person
- Duration: 3.5-4 hours
- Group size: 10 tops (Unless agreed otherwise. Have a bigger group? Corporate event? Email us!)
- Start times: 1pm and 3pm depending on the day.
- Walking involved: Under a mile in the Old Town and New Town. (But you’ll need to walk more to walk off all that food.)
- Lots of delicious traditional Czech food. (Some 10 to 12 tastings.) Arrive hungry! You look skinny, and should eat more. Honestly. Put some meat on those bones!
- Czech beer. (Of course.) Czech and Moravian wine. (Yup. We make wine here.) Local spirits. (We hope you like hair on your chest.)
- The company of a well-travelled local Czech foodie with a personality and opinion.
- Our super popular Prague Foodie Map, with personal tips added throughout the tour based on your questions and the discussions.
- Our "lifetime coverage”. We’ve got you covered with tips and updates whenever you decide to visit Prague. This coverage extends to everyone you know.
- Some cool perks along the way.
- Our undivided, call-at-4am-to-bail-you-out-of-jail loyalty, and unconditional love.
ALLERGIES AND SUBSTITUTIONS
We can cater to most allergies and special diets on this particular tour. That said, please note that accommodating special diets (think vegetarians or lactose or gluten intolerance) will raise the price of the tour to CZK 2700, since we have to order specific items beyond the standard tour that increase our costs. Thank you for understanding. (Sadly, we can't offer this tour to vegans.)
WANT SOMETHING ELSE?
Our flagship Prague Foodie Tour adds some modern Czech cuisine and takes you outside of the tourist centre for a truly local experience. It also includes personalised email consultancy and advice relating to your Prague trip.
So what is the difference between the Traditional Czech Food Tour and the Prague Foodie Tour?
The Traditional Czech Food Tour takes place in the Old Town and the New Town, so just the “historical centre”. It focuses on the delicious traditional Czech food we grew up as kids and adults, and on the traditions around it. (Although some of the food may come in an updated form.)
The Prague Foodie Tour can be a tad longer, starts in the New Town and then takes you to an up-and-coming residential area next to it, so we leave the historical centre behind. The food served in the course of the Prague Foodie Tour includes traditional food, but adds modern Czech food to the mix. It focuses on the social context, explaining the transition of the Czech society after the end of Communism through the food we eat in Prague.
Both tours include lots of food and drinks, so please come hungry. Both tours are cultural tours: you can ask any questions just about anything. Unemployment? Healthcare? Education or real estate rental and ownership prices? We'll have the answers. (And we promise not to make stuff up… more than necessary.)
How big are the groups?
We can run tours for groups between three and ten guests. Not more than ten - that would be uncomfortable. But not less than three. If you are a couple and want to do the tour alone, please enquire about our private tours. (If you are a couple who has booked a tour and no-one else has, we will contact you beforehand and offer an upgrade to the Prague Foodie Tour, giving you all the possible options in time so that you can make a decision to reschedule your tour. This is extremely rare but we cannot rule it out. Thank you for understanding.)
(For general questions, please see our full FAQs.)