Traditional Czech Food Tour
A fun yet informative and delicious tour of the tastiest traditional Czech food and drinks. Basically an extended visit to the Czech grandma you’ll wish you’d had by the end of the tour. (And no. You can't borrow ours.)
What? Is that it? Of course not. Delicious Czech food is just the start. Our idea? Spend four hours with a passionate local foodie. Blend in with the locals in the places Czechs love. Understand what the food means to us, where the produce comes from, and how you can make it at home. (You will want to.) Walk along local streets and do fun stuff behind closed doors. And get an idea of how we live here, and how our recent history has shaped our colourful present.
- Price: CZK 2,400 (EUR 88) per person
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Group size: 8 tops (Unless agreed otherwise. Have a bigger group? Corporate event? Email us!)
- Walking involved: Under a mile in the Old Town and New Town. (But you’ll need to walk more to walk off all that food.)
- Lots of delicious traditional Czech food. (Some 12 tastings.) Arrive hungry! You look skinny, and should eat more. Honestly. Put some meat on those bones!
- Czech beer. (Of course.) Czech and Moravian wine. (Yup. We make wine here.) Local spirits. (We hope you like hair on your chest.)
- The company of a well-travelled local Czech foodie with a personality and opinion.
- Our super popular Prague Foodie Map, with personal tips added throughout the tour based on your questions and the discussions.
- Our "lifetime coverage”. We’ve got you covered with tips and updates whenever you decide to visit Prague. This coverage extends to everyone you know.
- Some cool perks along the way.
- Our undivided, call-at-4am-to-bail-you-out-of-jail loyalty, and unconditional love.
ALLERGIES AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Please note that this experience is not suitable for guests with severe food allergies, other dietary restrictions or strong dislikes. If you have a strong allergy, preference or dislike, please have a look at our Prague Foodie Tour. We can devote more time and attention to food allergies there. Thank you for understanding.
WANT THE FULL PACKAGE?
Our flagship Prague Foodie Tour about food adds some modern Czech cuisine, dedicates more time to the social context behind the food, and includes personalized email consultancy and advice relating to your Prague trip.
What is the difference between the Traditional Czech Food Tour and the Prague Foodie Tour?
The Traditional Czech Food Tour is a bit shorter and takes place in the Old Town and the New Town. It focuses on the food we grew up with, the traditions around it, and every-day life in Prague. (Some of the food may come in an updated, elevated version.) The Prague Foodie Tour is a bit longer, starts in the Old Town, takes you to the New Town, and then takes you to an up-and-coming residential area. The food is rooted in the Czech tradition but adds some modern and trendy Czech fare, too. It shows things in a more social context, explaining the development of the Czech society after the Velvet revolution through the food we eat here in Prague. Both tours include lots of food and drinks, so please come hungry. Both tours are cultural tours: you can ask any questions just about anything. Unemployment? Healthcare? Education or real estate rental and ownership prices? We'll have the answers.
(For general questions, please see our full FAQs.)